The White Sox Top 10 Prospects list was released Friday on Baseball Prospectus (read the whole thing right here), and Jarrett Seidler (@jaseidler) of BP’s prospect team joined Collin (@cowhitchurch) and Nick (@Nick_BPSS) to talk about what went into the construction of the list. Among the topics:
- The overall state of the White Sox farm system.
- The upside of Eloy Jimenez and Michael Kopech, what sets them apart from the rest of the system, and what went into picking between the two for the No. 1 spot.
- The high upside but risk of a prospect like Dylan Cease.
- Alec Hansen’s roller coaster ride from potential No. 1 draft pick to terrible college performance to top prospect.
- How the hell you rank Luis Robert.
- The next group of guys, what to like and dislike from Jake Burger, Dane Dunning, Blake Rutherford, and Zack Collins.
- Thoughts on guys outside the Top 10, including Micker Adolfo, Spencer Adams, A.J. Puckett, Yeyson Yrizarri, and more.
- The construction of the White Sox Under 25 rankings, as authored by Nick.
- Some always necessary talk about Japanese wrestling between Jarrett and Collin, while Nick tries not to fall asleep.
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes by searching for “The Catbird Speaks.” Please be sure to rate and review us!