Somehow August is just around the corner. The good news is, there are still tickets available for the Baseball Prospectus Ballpark Event at Guaranteed Rate Field! The details are included in that link, but in case you weren’t already aware, your tickets will get you a seat at the game against Cleveland, as well as a pre-game panel discussion and Q&A. In attendance will be:
- Jonathan Judge and Harry Pavlidis of the BP Stats team. In addition to being crucial in the development of BP’s proprietary statistics like DRA and pitch framing metrics, they’re great people who make it easy to understand their work even if you’re like me and struggle to understand all the math;
- Bret Sayre, BP’s Managing Editor and all around font of baseball wisdom, both real and fantasy;
- James Fegan of the Athletic and formerly of BP South Side;
- White Sox General Manager Rick Hahn, who is particularly interesting at these types of events, even compared to other general managers around the league; and
- Current BP Staff, such as myself — huge selling point, I’m sure — and other BPSS contributors and alumni.
I’ve always enjoyed these events, as they’re a great opportunity to meet people in the community including other readers and fans, and I’m not sure how often you get an opportunity to ask your team’s general manager questions you might have. As an exclamation point, you’ll come away with a Jim Thome bobblehead. Not a bad way to spend a summer Saturday.
Get your tickets today!